Posts for tag: whiplash
Are you dealing with sudden neck problems? It might be whiplash.
Getting into a car accident is stressful all by itself. Add to it the bumps and bruises and it’s enough to make anyone a little anxiety-riddled. Of course, if you walk away without a scratch you may not consider getting a checkup. Unfortunately, there are symptoms that often appear later once your body has recovered from the shock of the accident. Our Quincy, MA, chiropractors see a lot of patients with whiplash, particularly those who have gotten into a car accident or a sports-related injury.
What is whiplash and what are the symptoms?
Whiplash comes about when the neck has been jerked around rather quickly and often violently, a common problem for those who have experienced a car accident.
The most common complaints in those with whiplash include neck stiffness and pain, limited range of motion (or pain when moving the head or neck in certain positions) and headaches. Getting treatment from a chiropractic specialist in Quincy as soon as symptoms appear is the best way to promote faster healing and recovery and to prevent chronic neck problems.
When should you turn to a chiropractor?
It’s important that you get a proper evaluation from a doctor after you’ve been through a car accident, physical trauma or sports-related injury. Even minor incidences could still cause serious long-term problems for your musculoskeletal health. The sooner you seek care the better.
How can a chiropractor treat my whiplash?
While symptoms can often be managed by resting the neck, icing, performing daily neck exercises and physical therapy, and taking pain relievers, chiropractic care can be a wonderful complementary treatment to reduce neck pain, stiffness and inflammation.
There are a variety of different chiropractic therapies to improve the health and function of the neck. A chiropractic adjustment, or spinal manipulation, is a great technique that applies pressure to soft tissue around the spine to alleviate pressure on these areas and to restore function and movement back into the discs of the cervical spine (neck).
Chiropractic adjustments may also be used along with other alternative options such as physical therapy, therapeutic massage, electrical stimulation and ultrasound therapy. During your evaluation, we will be able to tell you which chiropractic options will provide you with the optimal relief.
If you are dealing with musculoskeletal issues after a car accident or sports-related incident it’s important that you get therapeutic chiropractic care to give your body the TLC is deserves. Turn to the chiropractic experts at Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Boston, Brockton, Taunton, Attleboro, Weymouth, Somerset, Raynham, Kingston and Quincy, MA.
Do you think there's nothing you can do about pain that lingers after an auto accident? Chiropractic care can ease your symptoms and increase your mobility. The doctors at Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Quincy, MA explain how you can benefit from chiropractic treatment.
Chiropractic care offers many advantages. Chiropractors are skilled at treating whiplash, neck and back injuries and soft tissue damage that can occur after you've been in an auto accident. Treatment helps you feel better by:
- Aligning Your Spine Properly: Accidents, even those that occur at low speed, can affect the alignment of your spine and can cause pain, numbness, tingling, headaches and other symptoms. Chiropractors use gentle pressure to move your spine back into alignment.
- Improving Range of Motion: Stiffness can occur when your tissues become inflamed. Chiropractic helps improve range of motion and also increases blood flow to muscles and tissues, which helps promote healing.
- Reducing Scar Tissues: Chiropractic adjustments helps break up scar tissue that can limit your ability to move your joints freely.
- Preventing Chronic Pain: Treatment not only helps you recover from your injuries but also helps prevent pain from becoming a chronic condition.
What types of treatments will my Quincy chiropractor use?
Spinal manipulation will probably be an important part of your treatment plan, but it's not the only type of treatment your chiropractor offers. Although your treatment plan will vary depending on your injury, it may include:
- Ice or heat packs
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Paraffin baths
- Spinal decompression therapy
- Work hardening rehab
- Cold laser therapy
When should you see your chiropractor?
Visit your chiropractor if you experience:
- Pain or stiffness in your joints, muscles and soft tissues
- Difficulty moving your head and neck
- Numbness or tingling in your arms, legs, feet or hands
- Frequent headaches
- Problems moving a joint
- The need to use painkillers every day to manage your pain
Chiropractic treatment offers a non-invasive, drug-free way to relieve your pain after an auto accident. Call Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Quincy, MA to schedule an appointment.