Posts for tag: Auto Accident
Do you think there's nothing you can do about pain that lingers after an auto accident? Chiropractic care can ease your symptoms and increase your mobility. The doctors at Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Quincy, MA explain how you can benefit from chiropractic treatment.
Chiropractic care offers many advantages. Chiropractors are skilled at treating whiplash, neck and back injuries and soft tissue damage that can occur after you've been in an auto accident. Treatment helps you feel better by:
- Aligning Your Spine Properly: Accidents, even those that occur at low speed, can affect the alignment of your spine and can cause pain, numbness, tingling, headaches and other symptoms. Chiropractors use gentle pressure to move your spine back into alignment.
- Improving Range of Motion: Stiffness can occur when your tissues become inflamed. Chiropractic helps improve range of motion and also increases blood flow to muscles and tissues, which helps promote healing.
- Reducing Scar Tissues: Chiropractic adjustments helps break up scar tissue that can limit your ability to move your joints freely.
- Preventing Chronic Pain: Treatment not only helps you recover from your injuries but also helps prevent pain from becoming a chronic condition.
What types of treatments will my Quincy chiropractor use?
Spinal manipulation will probably be an important part of your treatment plan, but it's not the only type of treatment your chiropractor offers. Although your treatment plan will vary depending on your injury, it may include:
- Ice or heat packs
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Paraffin baths
- Spinal decompression therapy
- Work hardening rehab
- Cold laser therapy
When should you see your chiropractor?
Visit your chiropractor if you experience:
- Pain or stiffness in your joints, muscles and soft tissues
- Difficulty moving your head and neck
- Numbness or tingling in your arms, legs, feet or hands
- Frequent headaches
- Problems moving a joint
- The need to use painkillers every day to manage your pain
Chiropractic treatment offers a non-invasive, drug-free way to relieve your pain after an auto accident. Call Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Quincy, MA to schedule an appointment.