Posts for: November, 2019
If you’ve been in a car accident, you already know how hard on your body it can be. While you may not feel symptoms at first, days later, you could be laying in immense pain. One of the most common and painful issues associated with auto accidents is whiplash. Fortunately, your chiropractor can help minimize the symptoms of whiplash and get you on the road to feeling better!
Here at Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Quincy, Boston, Raynham, Stoughton, North Dartmouth, Norwell, Taunton, Brockton, Attleboro, Somerset, Kingston, and Weymouth, MA, your team of chiropractors is happy to offer effective whiplash treatments to help you feel better—read on to learn more!
More about Whiplash
Whiplash occurs because your neck is suddenly whipped back and forth. There are other forms of trauma that can cause whiplash besides auto accidents. You can also experience whiplash from a sports accident.
You may have whiplash if you experience severe pain in your neck, especially when you try to turn your head. The pain can be sharp and radiating, or it can be a dull ache. If you think that you might have whiplash, you can try these simple tips at home:
- Placing ice or heat on your neck several times during the day
- Resting for the first 24 hours after your injury
- Taking over-the-counter pain medication
According to the Mayo Clinic, you can also try these gentle exercises:
- Rolling your shoulders
- Bending your neck to your chest
- Rotating your neck to the right and left
- Tilting your head from side to side
For moderate-to-severe cases of whiplash, it’s best to visit a chiropractor. Here at Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation, we may suggest a combination of effective therapies, which can include:
- Manual manipulation, which uses gentle pressure on affected joints to relieve swelling, pain, and tension; this technique can improve both joint function and range-of-motion.
- Electrical stimulation, which uses a device emitting slight electrical pulses to affected areas; this technique increases blood flow to reduce muscle pain and stiffness.
Don’t let whiplash symptoms keep you from enjoying your life. Get help today by calling the chiropractors at Milton Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Quincy, Boston, Raynham, Stoughton, North Dartmouth, Norwell, Taunton, Brockton, Attleboro, Somerset, Kingston, and Weymouth, MA.